Breakfast Egg Cups
This recipe can be altered to suit your taste. Feel free to play around with ingredients you have on hand. Suggestions of things to swap; mushrooms, hash browns, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onions, sweet potatoes, sausage, ground beef, basil, etc. Just be sure to keep proportions the same.
- ¾ cup diced roasted potatoes (I use leftover whatever I have on had)
- 1 handful kale, chiffonade or chopped
- 1 link Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage, diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, except the eggs. Toss. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to eggs, stir. Pour eggs over mixture and stir to combine.
- Using a silicon muffin tin, pour equal amounts of mixture and eggs to fill cups ¾ full. Wipe any excess dribbles. Place tin on baking sheet for stability. Bake for 25 - 28 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and using a rubber spatula, remove egg cups from muffin tin. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Serving suggestions: Salsa, fresh avocados, tomatoes, fresh herbs, fruit.