I had the pleasure of working with two sauces from local company, Mesa de Vida (Table of Life). These are pre-made simmering sauces that are super easy to use, ridiculously flavorful and *bonus* Whole30 compliant. Simply add your favorite meat and/or vegetables. The possibilities are endless.
These sauces are available in many of our local stores here in the greater Seattle area and may be purchased online through the Mesa de Vida website.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder/pork butt, trimmed and cut into 2" cubes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 jar Mesa de Vida North African Harissa Sauce
- ½ cup water
- Generously season the cubed prepared pork with salt and pepper. Place in Instant Pot. Toss with one jar of sauce and ½ cup water.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and manually set timer to 35 minutes. Make sure the steam vent is closed. Walk away. When finished, turn off instant pot and let depressurize for about 5 minutes. Release any remaining steam.
- Serve with potatoes, rice or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
I wish you could smell the aromas of this dish – so mouthwatering!