One of my favorite flavor combinations are those that are found in Thai cooking. Coconut, Lime, Cilantro and the pungent flavors of fish sauce create some of my favorite flavor profiles.
Having received an Instant Pot last year for Christmas, I was determined to find or create recipes to share with you all that are easy and flavorful and hopefully something that your families will enjoy.
This recipe is easy, delicious and all prepared in one pot so the clean up is a snap.
- 1 tsp dried ginger or 1 tsp freshly grated
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 T olive, coconut or avocado oil
- 1 can coconut milk (14.5 oz)
- 2 sprigs mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves for garnish
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 limes, 1 lime rind grated and juiced, 1 lime sliced for garnish
- 1 cup Jasmine or other favorite white rice (omit for Whole30)
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Generously coat chicken breasts with spice mixture. Turn Instant Pot on sear.
- Place oil in bottom of Instant Pot. When oil is hot, add both chicken breasts, top side down. Sear for 3 minutes and flip over.
- Turn off saute feature.
- Combine coconut milk, mint, coconut aminos, fish sauce and lime juice and zest. Side note: It will look lumpy and unappealing.
- Pour mixture over chicken in Instant Pot. Add rice* and stir to combine, making sure rice is fully submerged in liquid.
- Place lid on pot. Set to poultry setting, 15 minutes.
- When timer beeps, turn off Instant Pot and let steam release naturally, about 10 minutes. Remove lid. Serve chicken and rice with fresh cilantro and lime.
- *For Whole30, omit the rice. The cooking time is the same but you will end up with quite a bit of liquid in the pot. It's great poured over your chicken or can be used as the base to a soup, if you desire.