I even surprised myself with this dish. 🙂 I’ve been noodling this one around in my head for a bit and it came out even better than I had anticipated.
Almond Crusted Chicken
This is a fantastic family friendly chicken dish if you are in the mood for "crusted chicken". It's a winner for sure.
Author: Susie Lane
Recipe type: Chicken
Cuisine: American, Dinner
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup coconut flour (or almond flour)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper plus more to taste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place almonds in blender or mini prep and blend until almost a powder being care not to over blend.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper
- Prepare three shallow bowls; one with coconut flour, one with beaten egg and one with crushed almonds.
- Season the coconut flour with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add thyme to crushed almonds and stir to combine.
- Bread chicken. First dipping in the coconut flour to coat. Next the egg, then the crusted almond mixture. Place on wire rack over a rimmed sheet pan.
- When finished with all chicken, place in preheated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken, until an internal temperature reaches 165 F.