My first high school drill team coach shared this recipe with my mom and I, and our family has been making it for years. In fact, it was one of our top sellers at my former home meal delivery business, Kitchen Door. It’s really hard to put the fork down with this one.
I think it’s the combination of sweet juicy grapes and salty cashews with the unmistakable warmth from the curry and chewiness from the rice. The magical flavors of this salad are a winning combination.
Planning a picnic or potluck soon? This is a great one to share with friends. They’ll be asking you for the recipe, so be sure and direct them back to this page.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup purple grapes
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Stir mayonnaise and curry powder together.
- Add remaining *ingredients and stir to combine.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- *If not serving right away, refrain from adding cashews until ready to serve as they will get soggy.