Fall is in the Air
I love autumn; cool crisp nights, leaves changing to vibrant oranges, yellows and reds, the smell of wood burning fireplaces, it’s a warm and cozy time of year.
During this time, I find myself in the kitchen more. Often creating a kettle of soup or putting together something to braise low and slow in the oven, filling our home with wonderful aromas.
With all of the butternut squash available in the markets right now, I’ve been craving a warm and creamy soup to warm me from the inside out. This butternut squash recipe is super easy and bonus, it’s Whole30 compliant.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, peel, seed and cubed
- ½ yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 tsp minced thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup stock (chicken or vegetable)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can coconut milk (not light)
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add the butternut squash, onion, thyme and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add stock and simmer on medium low for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree mixture with a stick blender or in a heavy duty blender, until pureed completely. Add coconut milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.